Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life is funny. {and what we make of it}

I woke up this morning thinking about this new year that I have before me. As of yet there are no bumps, we haven’t  had any troubles behind us and in front of us is a blank canvas. Today my little one returns to school. I have never been one of those moms who is excited about this type of thing. I enjoy the time I get with my daughter. I feel as though the older she gets the less time I get to spend with her. She is only six and yet when I think back six years ago she was completely dependent on me. Although I mentally know that she still needs me sometimes I forget she doesn’t always know she still needs me.
    Last nigh she was just being so cute. I gave her a bowl of homemade awesome chili that my MIL made and said “here is your chili my love” and Megs replied  “Thank You, much my love” .  How can a mothers heart not just explode with all the cuteness she has to offer?  She truly is the light of my world.
    This year I have also made the choice {to try} not to be nag. I get into this cycle of expectation. When it does not get filled I get angry. I have made the decision not expect but use my words like the big girl I am.


Diet Update:
So I am no longer eating sugar day one was hard, and day two I might have hit a road block. My SIL and BIL made these pancakes with brown sugar, cinnamon and pin nut filling. They worked really hard on it how could I say no? Good thing for me that today is a new day.
    My plan for these upcoming days is to incorporate a lot of fruit. One day one it worked great, day two it worked well {until I had the pancakes. In my defense I did say no to the doughnuts} Today I  able to have already ran out and unfortunately I will not be able to get to the store until tomorrow. I am also working on a menu plan for the upcoming month full of homemade goodies!


I hope today brings you joy and that you are blessed!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment