Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The end of a school year letter


My dear little girl,
In the quiet moments of this morning I thought I would jot down some thoughts I have just for you.  There is so much in the world I would love to teach you about. It would be impossible for to write it down all at once. Letters are a way for me to communicate with a clear mind and without the distractions of the day. I would like to take this opportunity to explain that this will be one of many, I hope one day you will find this letter and know I think of you often. I worry about you and hope that I am a good example of how to be a daughter of Heavenly Father.
You are an amazing young girl, you are bright, funny, full of service and compassion. You are everything I always wanted. Your little attitude is something to be admired you have a fearless flare to stick up for what is right. I love who you are becoming!
I noticed this year as you have grown that you are noticing the world more. This is good and bad. you have shown compassion for those in need, you have been generous with your belongings, you have been a good friend to those who have had a bad day. All of these things are things a mommy wants to see their child accomplish. I always want  you to remember  you are amazing at service and when you show this attribute you are serving your peers.  When you look back and when think of service remember Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellowbeings ye are only in the service of your God.
                I also noticed that some of the fearlessness that I think is so wonderful has escaped. It doesn’t surprise me very much for this happens when we grow up a little. It does make me sad. Please do not fear what others around you think, especially if you are trying to do the right thing. I know the words of children can be cruel and there will be days when you are sad, but take strength in knowing that there is power in doing the right thing. It allows you to kinda become a super hero. There are always going to be people who will try to get you to be like them. Remember there is only one you on this planet stick up for yourself and do not follow behind. Encourage your friends to be who they are as will, even if they like different things from you. Do not be discourage if hard words are spoken remember you are a princess of  Heavenly Father, he made you unique so that you can be a positive influence. Sometimes you will feel different, different is good. Everyone has the opportunity to take what is unique about them and use it to help those around them. Help those around you and do this daily. It will feed your soul and make you feel whole.  
                You are AMAZING and I want you to know that as much as I wish to teach you, you teach me. This year you have taught me to go beyond what I think my limits are. Always smile and to be more loving and serving.  You are a gift and my biggest blessing. I hope as this school year closes that you know that you are loved more than words can be said, that I and daddy are both so proud of the young lady you are becoming. Thank you for this year full of great memories and I hope this summer will provide us more.
I love you my little child.
Love your mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment