Sunday, December 18, 2011

I wish I knew who made this beautiful portrait I love the look of love and compassion in the Saviors eyes. {I found this picture via Pinterest}

I love the symbolism of Christmas. There is so much meaning and thought behind every tradition. I am if you have not guess by now a symbolism nut. I find true beauty and meaning in it. I also feel that almost every deed  and action can symbolize something more and better; not only for ourselves but for the others around us. It is like that old saying, actions speak louder than words.    
    This is the time when our actions take notice and others find meaning. I have noticed lately that no matter what I do I am being watched. Not only by the little eyes of my child, but also by the curious eyes of stranger.  Wondering how I am going to handle my situation that I am in. Sometimes they are a quiet bystander with an understanding or differential looks and  sometimes comments are made. The moments are brief.  I often wonder however what the impact is, and did I make a positive impact. Now I know that there are something I could have handle better, when I am at the end of my “parenting” rope. I also know that things are not always has they appear. I know that I am guilty of the act of looking and listening to others as well. In a way I find it comforting sometimes thinking, I am so happy I am not the only one.
    I love this idea that we are in this world together and we should make it better for others and ourselves. My prayer is that for this Christmas we remember the person who has made a great impact on the lives of all. That when we have the opportunity to make a impression on others that they see the Saviors influence on my life. I hope that when my daughter looks into the past she has an understanding  of the love the Savior has for us, and that the symbolism that we have been given is cherished for the correct reasons.


I hope your day is blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment